Simulated ACLS-5/LACLS-5 Administration
Now available under FREE Offerings! Illustrates the standardized administration of the Allen Cognitive Level Screen-5 and Large Allen Cognitive Level Screen-5. This performance assessment provides a quick estimate of a person’s capacity to learn using three stitching tasks of increasing complexity.
Inserting Whipstitch Errors
Now available under FREE Offerings! Demonstrates how to insert the standardized cross-in-back and twisted lace whipstitch errors presented by the administrator for the person to identify and fix during administration of the Allen Cognitive Level Screen-5(ACLS-5) and Large Allen Cognitive Level Screen-5 (LACLS-5).
Now available under FREE Offerings! Demonstrates how prior to administration of the standard form of this assessment, three sample stitches of the Running Stitch, Whipstitch, and Single Cordovan are put in place on the leather by the administrator.
NOW available under FREE Offerings. Demonstrates how prior to administration of the large form of this assessment, developed for testing persons with visual or hand difficulties, three sample stitches of the Running Stitch, Whipstitch, and Single Cordovan are put in place on the leather by the administrator.
Homepage Side 2
- The Spanish translation of the ACLS-5 / LACLS-5 manual is complete and available to order on this website. Manual de la prueba de nivel cognitivo Allen-5 (ACLS-5) y Prueba de nivel cognitivo Allen-5 ampliada (LACLS-5) Chasque aquí para ver las páginas seleccionadas
- A “Pocket Reference Guide” of the ACLS-5/ LACLS-5 scoring tables is now available. Order a copy on this website.
- FREE instructional videos available on this website. Current offerings include:
- ACLS-5 Set Up – A step by step guide to setting up this form of the screening tool
- LACLS-5 Set Up – A step by step guide to setting up this form of the screening tool
- Insertion of Whipstitch Errors – A video guide to insert the cross-in-back and twisted lace errors within the administration of the assessment
Japanese Translation ACLS-5/LACLS-5 Available
Now Available ! – our Japanese translation of the ACLS-5 and LACLS-5 manual. We are grateful to a group of Japanese occupational therapist researchers who assisted with this lengthy endeavor. Planning is underway to highlight the translation during the 16th International Congress of the World Federation of Occupational Therapists in collaboration with the 48th Japanese Occupational Therapy Congress and Expo, June 18-21, 2014 in Yokohama Japan.
Future Plans and Publications
- “The Perfect Match: Collaboration in Community-Based Elder Care” Catherine Earhart, BA, OT Cer., OTR/L & Linda Riska-Williams, MA, OTR/L presenting at: Occupational Therapy Association of California (OTAC) October 25-27, 2013, Sacramento CA.
- Instructional power points and videos. The first in this series: “Administration Review of ACLS-5/LACLS-5”. This 30 minute ppt/video will benefit clinicians, students and educators.